Your Child Is in Great Hands
To provide high quality childcare and education along with preparation for school in a well organised, calm, safe and secure environment.
Our service offer
“We deliver affordable all year-round child care and education from 4 months to 5 years for working parents.
We offer free entitlement of 15 hours per week for all 3 and 4-year olds and qualifying 2-year olds.
We also offer 30 hours per week for working parents who are eligible to claim.”
Our ethos is to provide a first-class facility in a secure, happy, imaginative and stimulating environment whilst promoting the Early Years Foundation Stage. Our aim is to be the best by meeting the needs of both parents and children. The only way we can achieve this is by believing in the following:
1) All Children have the right to the highest quality of care and education regardless of their race, gender, ethnic origin, religion or disability.
2) We ensure equality of access to the Nursery for all parents, carers, staff, children and visitors regardless of race, gender, ethnic origin, religion, disability or marital status.
3) We invest in all our staff to have an equal right to train and develop in order to bring the highest quality and standards to our childcare provision ensuring they meet the needs of the Nursery, the registration and the 2006 Children’s Act.
4) All parents have the right to be involved with the care and education of their child.
5) We believe in quality and high standards and aim to work in partnership with other relevant agencies to meet the requirements set out.
6) We follow and will comply with all legal requirements of OFSTED Registration.
Georgie Porgie’s Nurseries are a small chain of high quality, family centred and child focused Early Years settings. We began trading in January 2014 from our first location in Moston. Due to great success we opened a further 2 settings in Rochdale and Moss Side.
Georgie Porgie’s Nurseries are owned by Georgina Garner, a qualified social worker who has a Bsc Honours in Social Work, and years of experience working with children and families. Georgie Porgie’s has an excellent management team. The Area Manager Gill Felton is an Early Years University graduate, with over 30 years’ experience in the childcare sector. Gill has been with the company since we opened our doors, and has been an integral part of the development and success. Gill is supported by April Marchington who has 15 years’ experience in the childcare sector. April has worked for OFSTED as an Inspection Quality Administrator, and a Civil Servant overseeing Regional Educational Quality Assurance Processes.
Georgie Porgie’s Nurseries nurture and teach children all the necessary skills for them to make a confident and secure start at school. We welcome children from all backgrounds and cultures. We ensure that children are treated as individuals and can access an enriched environment to support their learning and inquisitive nature.
Children often need their learning to be scaffolded and tailored to their individual needs. Therefore, we have qualified staff who have experience and knowledge of child development and Early Years education, who use a key person system to plan and monitor the child’s progress.
Georgie Porgie’s ensures that all our staff are qualified and vetted through enhanced DBS checks. We implement the Ofsted Early Years Framework and work closely with Ofsted, Local Authority, Early Years, Quality Assurance, Education, Health and Sure Start. We ensure all environments comply with health and safety regulations. Our kitchen facilities and food preparation procedures comply with the Food Standards Agency. Our menus are health focused and adapted to meet individual dietary requirements.
We know choosing the right Nursery for your child is a difficult decision to make; this is why we encourage and welcome all parents to visit our nurseries to find out exactly what we can offer, and at the same time giving you the opportunity to meet our friendly staff and ask them any questions you may have.